I do!! So look what I made today. Oh yeah - all by myself. That is one LUSCIOUS hunk of crusty, chewy goodness.
My friend, Erika, hooked me up with her recipe for No-Knead Bread (complete with a video to show me how to make it). And she let me borrow her amazing Le Creuset dutch oven to bake it in.
(**Christmas list item #3: I've gotta have one of those!**)
This bread requires about 5 minutes of actual hands-on labor. Basically, the stuff just makes itself. And it is soooo yummy.
I made up a big pot of broccoli cheddar soup to go with it. Dinner is going to be great tonight!
One of the cool things about this bread is the crackling noise it makes when it comes out of the oven. I tried to record it; it's blurry because I held the camera right up next to the loaf. Just imagine hot butter melting all over this crusty, crackling yumminess . . .
9 comments:
how cool!!! It looks soo yummy! What time is dinner tonight?? :)
Yummmmmm! The soup sounds great, too!
I told you you'd be so impressed with yourself that you blog about it. Hope you enjoyed it.
That is truly beautiful!
OK, I absolutely LOVE to make bread and I HAVE to have this recipe and exactly what size dutch oven to buy!!!
Please, please share with me!!!!!
jlothyan10@hotmail.com
You are amazing! Look at all the homemaking skills you're developing...cheese making, jam making, canning, artisan bread...pretty soon you'll be sewing curtains and tatting doilies!
Have you totally forgotten the "no asking for anything before Thanksgiving rule"? I sure hope Santa doesn't read your blog. - Joe
OK, so I have to know how to make the bread. The wow factor alone with the sizzling...that is impressive. I need something to fill my time with.
What were the other 2 items on your Christmas list? Just looking for my own ideas (gotta get the list in early so santa doesn't forget like usual).
I want one of those Creuset pot too!! They are nice!
The best bread Brooke has ever made. It is awesome. Perfect artesian crusty outside and the most amazing soft/dense inside. Forget the healthy broccoli soup.
~husband who couldn't stop eating it.
Post a Comment