Background: We have a very strict family policy of Quiet Time on Sundays. Church gets out at 1pm. We come home, eat lunch, then it is mandatory Quiet Time (nap time for the younger kids & parents) from 2-4pm. Even though we have been doing this for 14 years, the kids still grumble & groan about it, and try their darnedest to get out of it.
Adana has been a bit of a $#it at church lately. She hates sitting still; she gets bored; she's hungry/thirsty/has to go to the bathroom. So yesterday, as I pulled into our parking spot at church, I gave her "the lecture."
Me: I expect you to behave at church today. I expect you to sit still, to leave your brothers & sisters alone, and to be reverent. IF YOU'RE NOT REVERENT, you will have NO FUN for the rest of the day! NO FUN movie this evening. NO FUN playing with toys. NO FUN playing outside. (It was a beautiful sunny day.) If you can't be reverent during church, you will have NO FUN at all today. Do you understand?
Adana: (without missing a single beat) I think naps are fun.
Me: (well, actually I said nothing. My mouth just hung open, trying to process what she just said.)
.
.
.
When I started this whole "Raising Adana" thing, I really had no idea how many of these posts she would provide me with. I gotta go refill my Coke Zero.
Adana has been a bit of a $#it at church lately. She hates sitting still; she gets bored; she's hungry/thirsty/has to go to the bathroom. So yesterday, as I pulled into our parking spot at church, I gave her "the lecture."
Me: I expect you to behave at church today. I expect you to sit still, to leave your brothers & sisters alone, and to be reverent. IF YOU'RE NOT REVERENT, you will have NO FUN for the rest of the day! NO FUN movie this evening. NO FUN playing with toys. NO FUN playing outside. (It was a beautiful sunny day.) If you can't be reverent during church, you will have NO FUN at all today. Do you understand?
Adana: (without missing a single beat) I think naps are fun.
Me: (well, actually I said nothing. My mouth just hung open, trying to process what she just said.)
.
.
.
When I started this whole "Raising Adana" thing, I really had no idea how many of these posts she would provide me with. I gotta go refill my Coke Zero.
3 comments:
This is the best one yet. Reminds me of her mother.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
I love that girl! And I think naps are fun, too!
Ha! So smart! Your mom thinks she is like you...you are in for it!
No wonder I love her so much!
Post a Comment