Monday, June 11, 2012

CH-CH-CHANGES

Remember less than 2 weeks ago, when I was soooo bored one day that I randomly blogged my weird lunch?   (And NO, it was most definitely NOT a pregnancy announcement!  Geesh people.)

Well, I guess the ol' Be Careful What You Wish For adage holds true.  Because in the course of just ONE week:

I got a "new" car.
Great car, but the downside is that it also came
with a lousy car payment.  Blech.

I got a Jury Summons.
I've actually always wanted to serve on a jury.
But just not in the middle of summer,
during a week when both my boys are away at camp,
and especially not right now,
considering the following . . .

I got a new calling.
Primary president.
Those of you in the church can fully appreciate this.
For those of you non-Mormons -
think 60+ kids ages 18 months-12 years,
14+ teachers, Cub Scouts, Activity Days for Girls,
huge annual program for the whole congregation . . .
And . . . (Drum roll, please!)

I got a job!
I'll be teaching preschool this fall at Bethany Lutheran Preschool.
It is a brand new program for 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 year olds,
so I will be spending the summer creating the curriculum,
setting up the class room, etc.
 All this happened in the course of just ONE week.  I think I need a nap.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, new big car. Wow, jury duty, hope it is either exciting or that you are dismissed. WOW, primary!! Ha. and last of all Wow, a job...with more kids! Actually you'll be wonderful in all that you have coming at you. Good luck. Glad it isn't me :)

Arlyn said...

And now I need a nap just from reading it! Good luck in all your new committments.

Life is getting a little change in my life too...my husband will be working out of town and sleeping out of town 3 nights a week. And, I was changed from Sec to 2nd Coun. in the R.S. (I'm actually thinking this one will be easier.)

Williams Family Dirt said...

You will be an Awesome primary President! Love your new car. And a job? Wow. How many hours a day?

Elke said...

Be grateful you are not in my ward. We have 200 primary kids. I'm not exaggerating.

Michelle said...

But seriously....I was waiting for the "I'm pregnant" announcement.