![]() |
| Adana & ChunMing |
Lest I give the impression that raising Adana is all hair-pulling and mind-spinning craziness, check out this link. My friend, Doreen, recently adopted a sweet 7-year old boy from China. He has cerebral palsy, and when they brought him home a month ago, he hardly spoke a word of English. Since Adana is homeschooled this year, we've been able to get together during the week to play. I am so proud of her willing acceptance of him, despite the fact that they can't really communicate and his health issues make his body look & function a bit differently than others.
Yes, Adana can be a handful to keep up with. But she also, truly, has a heart of gold and an ability to love fully & unconditionally. Doreen describes her so beautifully in this post:
http://lifeofthecooks.blogspot.com/2012/09/friends.html

5 comments:
Well, I went to Doreen's site and cried multiple times. AMAZING!!!
Adana is such an amazing girl. They both have a lot to share, what a wonderful friendship!
That was absolutely beautiful. What a gift. (And I just hope she doesn't share a poopy diaper with a candle in it as a gift too or try to cut his hair or dress him up in glitz!)
I ditto what Michelle said, especially about the candle on the poop. He has already been dressed up in glitz and cut his own hair, so we're good there. :) Doreen
Not surprising at all. Little Adana, although fiesty, is your kid. And your kids are all amazing kids.
That picture is so sweet.
Post a Comment