It was a beautiful sunny day, so I took Adana & Torah to the park to play. After about 27 seconds, I was BORED STIFF. So I decided to pass the time by giving Adana some challenges to do on the playground.
CHALLENGE #1: How long does it take you to get from one end of the play structure to the other?
| She got into the starting position. The idea (in my mind) was to go up the ladder-thing, run down the slope & across the bridge, then across the monkey bars to the end. |
I suppose that after nearly 7 years of raising this girl, I should have known to SPECIFY my expectations in DETAIL. Silly me.
| It took her exactly 4.7 seconds to make the trip. She ran through the wood chips from Point A to Point B. Duh. |
Now, the thing with Adana is this: she wasn't trying to be clever or funny. I told her I'd time her to see how fast she could do something, and she just did it the fastest way she could think of.
Always 2 steps ahead of her old mom.
And, by the way, there wasn't a Challenge #2. We went home for naps.
1 comment:
Funny. I would assume nap time WAS challenge #2!
Post a Comment