As with most news stories, this has to be read with a skeptical mind. It does make for a sensational headline:
Saudi Marriage 'Expert' Advises Men in 'Right Way' to Beat Their Wives
Granted, I've never lived in Saudi Arabia, so perhaps this sort of thing is more commonplace than I'd like to believe. But once again, I think that the media is cunningly portraying muslims in a bad light.
Saudi Marriage 'Expert' Advises Men in 'Right Way' to Beat Their Wives
Granted, I've never lived in Saudi Arabia, so perhaps this sort of thing is more commonplace than I'd like to believe. But once again, I think that the media is cunningly portraying muslims in a bad light.
1 comment:
Are you familiar with the (quasi) Christian movement which promotes corporal punishment for disobedient wives? Ah, here we go; I had blocked the name from my mind (imagine that!): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_discipline
I'll just leave it at that. Maybe it will inspire another entry in your blog. :-D
BTW, I was a wee bit, shall we say, nonplussed by your "Ugh. I'm a blogger" email. Why such shame? I know a few nice people who are bloggers, LOL; granted, it is not the most productive use of one's time, but some of us need to make the best of the situations in which we find ourselves, right?
:-)
Post a Comment