Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One of the dirty little secrets of homeschooling . . .

Your kids actually become good friends. The older ones hang out with the younger ones - and they enjoy it.

This is Jared & Adana watching Go, Diego!

Shhhh . . . don't tell the other 12-year old guys that this is what he's doing while they're in school. ;-)

8 comments:

Tara said...

That is SO cute! What a good big brother!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute. Salvar on Adana, now that is cute. I remember when Emma was that small. My boys like eachother most of the time, the rest is kind of ugly. However, with 4 boys they usually split 2 on 2 so nobody is alone...in the war.

Kate said...

I thought Jared was at Woodward. Are you doing half and half? Such a cute photo. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

I think the personality of your kids has a lot to do with it. I can see glimpses of mine getting along so well, but definitely not all the time or in large doses! But maybe you're right, it's the quantity of time together that does the trick. (Which would mean that by the end of summer break mine should be getting along better than at the beginning, right? Not so true, then!)

Ashley said...

I love that picture of Jared and Adana. Very sweet. You know, when I homeschooled Kate, I found the same dynamic going on with my kids--and now that I don't homeschool but use a lot of the things I learned while homeschooling, I think I've found the underlying thing that promotes getting along/sibling friendshipping: ritual.

I've built a lot of rituals into our lives, and my kids thrive on it. It seems like more work for me (to make teatime every day, or plan an art project for pre-dinnertime)-- but the getting along! It's worth it!

Kristi said...

That is so precious. I have been sitting her thinking of something else to say to no avail. I guess "That is so Precious" is enough said right? :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm... I guess this photo is what I will depart on to Alaska. Such awesome kids and Jared is such a good big brother. It is all attributed to their amazing mother. ~miehesi

Kyla said...

I sure miss your kids!