Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Emma Unleashed

The other day, while I was tidying around the house, I found a small pile of papers. As I read through them, they began to paint a very telling picture of an obviously traumatic moment in the life of my eldest daughter. I suspect that they were created last Saturday night, when both Nathan & I were gone and the 4 kids were home alone. Allow me to walk you through this journey of passive-aggressive anger and female domination :

(I was going to scan the pages, but unfortunately, I just discovered that my scanner is not working. So you'll have to just imagine these messages written in the scrawling pencil script of a 7-year old.)

#1 (in very large letters)
Emma's
Room
(with a stick figure below and an arrow pointing to it which says "me")

#2
don't come in
with out asking
P.S. only mom and dad
don't have to ask
(and no pretending to be my
mom or dad.)

#3
Jared and
Micah not
allowed.

#4
don't you dare
come in
if you are my
brother

#5
mom and
dad and
friends only.
(friend dose not mean bros or sis)

#6
even thoe dad
is a boy
him and my friends
that are boys are
allowed

#7
girls and
my friends that
are boys
ONLY!!!!!!!

#8
non of my
bros allowed
or els
(followed by a picture of a face with x's for eyes and tongue hanging out)
P.S. I am so serius

#9
nobody 5 or younger
allowed without
permeseon from
me!!! or els

#10
The Yes's and No's
no boys unles
they are my friends
dad is alowed too

The 4 major rules
Yes - my friends that are boys
Yes - my dad in my room
No - my brothers in my room
No - sneking in my room and takeing stuff

3 comments:

Arlyn said...

Go Girl Power! She'll be a great babysitter with such a flair for rules.

When I was younger, I left a note under the lid of the toilet "reminding" people to FLUSH and put the lid down when they were done. No one ever apprieciated as much I wanted them to.

Tara said...

Oh she is such a girl! I love it! I remember being right in between my 2 bro's in age and it wasn't always so fun. It DOES get better, though...tell her that! ha ha! Especially when they start having cute friends! ha ha!

Kyla said...

just awesome, love that girl!