Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009

Jared = the color "red"

Micah = Ho! Ho! Ho!


Emma = a "creative weird-o DJ"


Adana = a fairy (the costume looked like it was meant for an angel, but she insisted - loudly - that she was NOT an angel. No one seemed to argue with that assessment.)

Halloween night, a friend of ours had a party for the 12-13 year old kids in our church. One of the activities was a Fear Factor competition. She provided an assortment of gross things for them to eat. The one who ate the most won a huge chocolate candy bar. Most of the kids were able to gag down the mackeral, anchovies and rotten banana. We lost a bunch of them at the raw oysters. But it was the LIVE WORM that really tested their resolve. Here is Jared trying to gag his down:
Click on that last picture so you can get the full effect of the desperate water guzzling. :-)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

The Santa pants look great! How did they hold up?

I'm so glad you didn't get a picture of Jared yaking up the worm. I almost lost it when I saw the one of Liam. EEEEWWW!!!

Jessica said...

Only boys would do something so gross. I thought Jared could eat anything.

Tara said...

Eeewwww!! I'm gagin' just seeing the photo! How did you watch that? Ugh.

I can't believe how much Jared looks like Nathan!

Kyla said...

Love the costumes! You kids are so creative! I totally thought jared would be the one to chow that stuff down!!!

Ashley said...

That pic of Jared made me gag, which is the last thing I need to do, seeing as how I'm in bed with the flu already. Somehow I missed Micah's costume when we saw you in Winslow--I love your kids' personalities.