Friday, May 14, 2010

Just your typical spring day on Bainbridge Island

If you were to look up "perfect spring day" in your dictionary, I'm pretty sure it would say something along the lines of: The only truly Perfect Spring Day occured on May 14, 2010 on Bainbridge Island.

The day dawned with clear blue skies and lovely mid-50 temperatures. And it only got better from there. I spent my morning kayaking with the Fantastic Four (minus, sadly, Mariann, who had class today.)

We started off at Point White pier. As you can see, it was a pretty low tide. At high tide, this is a favorite place for kids (and the occassional crazy adult) to jump off into the Puget Sound.


We leisurely paddled our way south toward Fort Ward, randomly declaring at various intervals, "WE LIVE HERE! HOW LUCKY ARE WE!?!" This picture encompasses just a few of the highlights of the trip - Mt. Rainier, Blake Island, and the Bremerton ferry - all in one shot (although it's kind of hard to see the mountain. But trust me - it's there, right above Blake Island.)


Gretchen (on the left) pulled out her Summer Hat for the occassion. And we really have to thank Jenny (right) for being the instigator in this little adventure of ours.

Later this afternoon, the weather just kept getting better and better. By mid-afternoon, it was well into the 70's - perfect for running through some sprinklers . . .

. . . then collapsing on a nice, warm towel in the sun.

I LOVE LIVING HERE!! Seriously. I. Love. It.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Now you see why we all come back? Your kids will too, just watch!

Unknown said...

I don't even have words. Thank you for appreciating the wonderful place in which you live. Some of us would give almost anything to join you. Only we're stuck in Las Vegas instead. Bitter. And sulking.

Erika said...

I'm a bit envious of your kayaking adventures! Just 2 more years until the twins are in school (3 if I don't send them to full day kindergarten) and I can do adventures like this! Yes, we are so lucky to live here!

Jessica said...

Don't you know that 70s means shorts, 80s means you can get wet. It is beautiful, although a bit chilly at times.

Dave Peery said...

Found your blog after googling info on bainbridge. Would love to get your perspective on raising an LDS family there. We have 4 kids, going on 5 and exploring a move. Thanks!