Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lunch

I'm pretty sure that Safeway probably figured out I was pregnant long before I decided to reveal it to the world. For the past few months, I've made some fairly strange grocery purchases.

Like the day that I bought a pint of ginger ice cream and a jar of kalamata olives (for my evening snack).

Or the morning I bought and immediately consumed a Strawberry Protein Odwalla and a bag of Cheetos. For breakfast.

Today I HAD to have a corn dog, 1/4 lb of Jo-Jos, and a container of sushi for lunch. Seriously, I thought my brain would implode if I couldn't eat that exact combination of food RIGHT AWAY. And I washed it down with a Cherry Coke Zero, because, well, I'm pretty sure God put Cherry Coke Zero on the earth for the welfare and benefit of His children. And I thank Him for it every day.

And, to answer your questions:
I'm about 4 1/2 months along - due sometime in October (I can't remember the date).

And I don't know what I'm having, nor do I intend to find out. This whole thing has been a bit of a surprise, so I think I'll keep that theme going and just be surprised all around - about when it's coming and what it is.

I have seen a doctor - once, a few weeks ago. So I know that whatever it is doing jumping jacks in my belly at least has a heartbeat. Other than that, there's not much to tell. I'm feeling great, I've felt great for the past 4 1/2 months, and I hope to continue feeling great as long as possible so that I can keep up with my other 4 awesome kids.

So long as there's plenty of Jo-Jos and sushi around, I'll be just fine.

6 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Wow, you lucky duck! I have never really had food cravings while pregnant. In fact I don't like food at all, the first 5 months I am pretty much sick. With Chloe I felt nauseated the entire time. We are excited for this little suprise! Speaking from having a surprise they are such a sweet blessing, he/she will make you both so happy.

Tifanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am excited for you! Wow what a combo of food! Hahaha, love it! I didn't have any strange cravings with Mariko, just couldn't stop eating apples! oh and Peanut Butter! Crazy.

I got the meat & rice recipe from Jenny, and I made it the other day, and it turned out just like yours!! So yummy! I had been craving it ever since you brought me some! Thanks for turning me on to that dish! I even made up a song about it! hahaaha, I'll have to sing it for you sometime... :o)

Jessica said...

Boy!! It is a boy! It is the hot dogs that gave it away. I always craved hot dogs/corn dogs with my boys. It makes sense.. you know hot dogs and boys :)
I ate a parm bagel with spinach and artichoke cream cheese and turkey breast, warmed every day for 2 weeks and then not again.
Try my favorite, chili cheese fritos with sour cream...yummy to a pregnant tummy!

Jenny said...

I always thought you were a little different, now I KNOW! :-) I don't remember any strange cravings, maybe tuna sandwiches and tomato soup with Nate, until I vomited tomato soup on the corner of 5th and Pike downtown Seattle at lunch time!

Amie said...

I second the boy idea. Lots of Costco hotdogs with onions were consumed when I was pregnant with my boys. Enjoy!

Kristi said...

Ho-Ly Ca-Rap! I haven't checked your blog in a while, and looky at what I find...you are pregnant! Wow! I vaguely remember Nathan saying after the last one that the kitchen is closed...or something like that.

Congratulations! Your kids are going to LOVE having a little one around. Wow...I am speechless...that doesn't happen very often. :)