Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Secret of My Success

I am often asked HOW I manage to get anything done with 5 kids. I always think that's a strange question. For me, the real question is HOW does anyone get anything done WITHOUT a lot of kids!? If you only have one or two kids, then who cleans all the toilets, does all the laundry, vacuums, dusts, does the dishes, and entertains the little one??

My house may be a bit more cluttered and I may look significantly more frazzled than a mom with fewer children, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. And just think what awesome husbands & fathers these boys are going to be someday, when they already know how to change a diaper, rock a baby to sleep and strap on a Baby Bjorn. :-)

5 comments:

Mike - Bunni said...

That's why you babysat Joe & Sheri ALL THE TIME (as I remember you complaining) You were preparing for the wonderful mother you became.

Kate said...

Amen sister!!

Jessica said...

EXACTLY! They will be awesome husbands and dads. Mine still won't change a diaper (Jag would, but I don't want his help).

Laurene Ross said...

Truly, people don't realize how hard they are making their lives with just one or two.....It's so simple.

Unknown said...

That is one of the cutest pictures I've seen in a long time. And you're right; more is often easier. We're down to one at home a lot of the time, and I'm always so happy to see his sister roll in just so he'll have someone to talk to besides me!!