Jared chose sledding for his Christmas experience. We went up to Snoqualmie Pass with some friends on the Monday after Christmas.

Adana loved being pulled to the sledding hill by her Baba.

Here are some of the older kids. I didn't even attempt to get a full group picture. (Sorry Mariann. That's why we need you & Little Blue along.)

Nathan & Adana (sitting in front of him) about to head down the sledding hill.

Torah spent the whole day sound asleep in her little cocoon. She was so toasty warm and she kept me warm too.

She was dressed in a furry white snowsuit, so she looked like a baby polar bear.

My cute little Adana.

I was glad to have some gal friends to hang out with. Torah is nice & all, but she's not the best conversationalist.

Nathan got in some quality "guy time" too. Once again, I was so thankful that I was born female! At least none of my girl friends tried to whitewash me in the snow.

Adana soon tired of sledding and spent the rest of the day playing in the snow - building snow men, crawling through snow tunnels,

and stopping now & then for a little snack. I just tried not to think about how many nasty boots had walked across her little treat. Blech.

We packed a picnic lunch, and Nathan brought along his big camping stove to heat water for hot chocolate. Yum!

After some clever maneuvering, we managed to get all of our cars parked together and had a big tailgate lunch.

Adana soon shed all of her wet clothes and settled down with her hot chocolate, a pb&j, and the basket of chips beside her. I think she had the best seat in the place.

We had a great time and here's the proof. I think I have a picture like this for every season. Give us a sandy beach or a snowy hill, and our kids will play until they collapse.
2 comments:
Your picnic lunch is so...Russell or maybe it is just sooo Nathan. I love the stove set up. I am shocked that he stopped there. Glad you have those Gal friends as well, cuz...that is too cold for me!
What a blast! Love that camp stove, that is awesome.
Post a Comment