Gift giving has never really been one of my Love Languages. I am lousy at giving gifts (it's the tight-wad in me - I have a VERY hard time buying something that isn't hugely discounted), and while I truly do appreciate receiving gifts, it has never been a make-it-or-break-it thing in my relationships. Forgot my birthday? Meh, I don't mind. No Christmas gift? No big deal.
But one thing that I really love and get super excited about is when someone randomly sees something and thinks of me. THAT makes me feel special. Heck, they don't even have to buy it for me; a quick text or snapped picture means just as much. I take the saying "It's the thought that counts" quite literally.
My friend, Jessica, is awesome at sending me random happiness.
She sent me this necklace after Torah was born. I absolutely love it.

For Christmas, she sent a box of German treats (she lives there. Lucky!) and this adorable little German incense burner. You stick a cone of incense in his body and the smoke comes out of his pot. Awesome!
And today, I found a surprise package on my front porch. It was a birthday box from Jessica. This chocolate will be eaten in roughly . . . 1 day . . . or maybe 10 minutes . . . Ok, well, it's already gone.
It's minimalist.
It's functional.
It's a space saver.
And it's about as hip and stylish as I'll ever hope to be.
Thanks Jessica! Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar! (Maybe Noah can translate that for you.) :)
5 comments:
Oh you are embarrassing me. You are just so wonderful! I'm totally going to google translate what you said...dankbar fur du. Loves.
You forgot to mention that although I may send something it is always late, that is why it seems so random. Your birthday was February. I actually am fairly good at buying before the day, but terrible at actually getting to the post office. I'm glad you like the basket, I thought you would. It is red, because that is my favorite color :)
Just know where you rate, Jessica. I bought her an iPad last summer. She uses it EVERY DAY. I did not make the blog.
Gunter glieben glauchen globen
Pffff....
Brooke, my blog address is now www.twotemples2.blogspot.com. I am just letting you know. :)
Hey, I'm glad you like Blabbergasted. And I looooove German Christmas stuff!
Post a Comment