Sunday, February 22, 2015

February Spring: Feb. 9 - 22, 2015

Our weather has been truly unbelievable!  While the East Coast has been buried in feet of snow, we have been enjoying warm, sunny days.  One day at the park, Torah was getting so hot that she stripped down to her undershirt.

I always love Adana's individuality & style.  This was her outfit on Valentine's Day.

My run one morning along the south shore of the island.  Seriously, I am so blessed to live here!

Another view on my run.  Can you see the eagle in that tree?

Can you see it now?

I love Seattle!  There are amazing views everywhere you turn.

The girls had a blast playing at this downtown sculpture park.  This is facing east, toward the Space Needle.  

And this was the view in the west, toward Bainbridge Island.  I WISH my camera was able to capture the incredible depth of color of that sunset.

We spent the last few days of Mid-Winter Break over on the Olympic peninsula.  We spent one afternoon at Rialto Beach, playing in the surf & among the driftwood, and taking lots of fun pictures:
It's nearly impossible to get Micah to pose normally for a picture.
Emma had fun trying to not get stranded on this huge rock.
 Adana has no fear.  She was, of course, the first kid to get soaking wet.
I love Torah's right hand in this shot.  She LOVED being chased by the waves!
Group selfie!

The moment when Micah is informed that "blue cheese" is not just a cute name - that blue stuff in the cheese is actually mold. 

No matter what time of year, or what the weather is, Micah ALWAYS jumps in the lake at the Lake House.  He is crazy.

We spent Friday evening rushing Adana into the ER in Port Angeles.  She had been goofing around at the Lake House and WHACKED her chin on the granite countertop.  I watched & heard it happen, and saw her crumple to the ground in pain as her jaw immediately started to swell.  I thought for sure that she had broken her jaw.  While we were waiting in the ER, I texted this picture to Nathan (he was at a conference in Las Vegas).  He said that since (1) she could move her jaw and (2) it didn't look displaced, it probably wasn't broken.  So we left.  When he got home on Sunday, he took her into his office and took an x-ray.  It doesn't look broken, but it is still VERY swollen. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What an adventure...in a good and bad way! Poor Adana. Loving this weather too!!!