Each New Years Day since 1976, Lake Superior State University (LSSU) issues its annual list of words which it feels should be banned from usage in the English language. Here's the story.
I think this is a great idea. I'd like to compile my own list:
The 2008 List of Words Banished from the Russell Household for Annoyance, Over-Use and General Grossness.
#1 - Fart, poop, or any other word more appropriately belonging in the bathroom.
#2 - Mom! (when said with that snotty whine which precludes an annoying tattle-tale).
#3 - How long until . . . (chances are, the answer will be precisely 2 minutes less than the last time you asked.)
#4 - He/She did it! (Yeah, right.)
#5 - Bored (You just had Christmas! DO NOT tell me you're bored.)
#6 - Dora! or Diego! (Adana is obsessed with these cartoon characters, who seem to yell everything they say. She seems to have picked up on the habit.)
#7 - Snot nose! (Adana again. She hates having anything on her face, and is constantly running up to me yelling "Snot nose!" until I get a tissue to wipe her nose. Nothing wrong with that, but it definitely falls into the "over-use" category.)
#8 - Buttmunch (courtesy of Micah)
2 comments:
LOL. I think Micah is the Russell child most likely to fit in with our family. It would be great to get him together with Aidan....
You crack me up...good idea though!
Post a Comment