I was awakened at 5:30a.m. by my phone ringing. It was the Bainbridge Island School District, informing me that school was cancelled today due to snow. I peered out my bedroom window and saw the faintest skiff of white.
"Humph," I thought. "These people just don't know how to deal with a little snow."
Still, it was a nice excuse to sleep in. And when I finally dragged my lazy butt out of bed at 8:00a.m., I found the snow coming down pretty hard and already covering all the grass, cars and street. It didn't stop snowing until this afternoon. So I guess the School District got it right this time.
We had a blast sledding and tromping through the powdery snow. One of the dads on the street brought out his dirt bike and pulled the kids around the cul-de-sac. Good times!
5 comments:
Wow. Snow and sledding. If we must have snow, then bring on the sledding! Your pictures remind me of how much I like seasons. Hope you have a great Christmas break.
Adana reminds me of the little boy that has to wear 7 layers of clothes before he goes out, and can barely move in the movie,"A Christmas Story" Yesterday it snowed and it took me an hour to get from Provo to American Fork, which is usually a 15 min. drive (less on a good day). I was so scared!
Snow days are one time I wish we lived in a neighborhood. Being pulled around by someone's dad on a dirt bike sounds like so much fun! Stay cozy!
Emma looks right out of a 19th century period piece in her beautiful coat!
I titled one of my blog posts the same thing. We are so clever...or so predictable. Either way...we Rock!
Post a Comment