Monday, February 1, 2010

A Week in the Life . . .

I've been thinking that I would like to record a typical week in the life of our family. We lead a very average, quite unremarkable life, so I don't anticipate that this will be very interesting to anyone but me (years from now). So please feel free to skip reading this blog for the next week. I promise I won't be offended. (Except you might want to read on Thursday to find out what I did Wednesday night. Ohhhh, a cliff hanger . . .) :-)

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2010

12:00 a.m. - Sleep
1:00 a.m. - Sleep
2:00 a.m. - Sleep
3:00 a.m. - Sleep
4:00 a.m. - Sleep
5:00 a.m. - Sleep
6:00 a.m. - Nathan up & getting ready for work. He wakes Emma up at 6:30 a.m., makes her breakfast and packs her lunch.
7:00 a.m. - Mom, Jared & Micah up. Family scripture & prayer. Emma to the bus. Boys shower, dress, and fix their lunches. Adana wakes up.
8:00 a.m. - Boys walk to school. Adana plays with toys. Mom gets ready for the day. I call Dr. Walters (our pediatrician) about Jared's sore elbow (from snowboarding on Friday). He suggests an x-ray.
9:00 a.m. - Pick up Jared from school and take him in for an x-ray. As we are driving past the high school, we see a police officer hiding behind a tree with her gun drawn. Don't know why.
10:00 a.m. - Return Jared to school. Mom & Adana head to Costco for the week's groceries.
11:00 a.m. - Finish up at Costco. Dr. Walters calls with results of x-ray. It doesn't show a fracture, but does show swelling. He recommends we see an Orthopedic doctor. I call to make an appointment for tomorrow.
12:00 p.m. - Drop groceries off at home, then pick up Micah at school.
1:00 p.m. - Micah babysits Adana while I go visiting teaching. Jared walks home from school. Boys work on their homeschool work and chores.
2:00 p.m. - Micah has piano lesson. Emma rides bus home and has her piano lesson. Adana watches a show.
3:00 p.m. - I drop Jared off at school for Knowledge Bowl practice. Come home to start making dinner. Pick up Jared at 3:45pm. Emma does chores and homework.
4:00 p.m. - Take Adana to Little Dragons (karate) class. Jared has to skip violin lesson because of his elbow.
5:00 p.m. - Finish making dinner. Adana is grouchy and ends up putting herself to bed. Micah plays with a neighbor. Jared does his homework.
6:00 p.m. - Nathan gets home from work. We eat dinner. Emma does the dishes.
7:00 p.m. - Emma teaches our Family Home Evening lesson. Then we play Scum, a new card game. Very fun. Adana finally wakes up and eats dinner. Nathan isn't feeling well.
8:00 p.m. - Kids start getting ready for bed. Micah gathers all the trash and takes it out to the curb. I read Adana a bedtime story and listen to Emma's prayers.
9:00 p.m. - Older three kids & Nathan are in bed, but Adana is having a hard time falling asleep (no surprise after that late nap). I do the homeschool corrections from today.
10:00 p.m. - Finally get Adana to stay in bed. I blog, then head to bed.
11:00 p.m. - Sleep

5 comments:

Kate said...

I think chronicling your day is a fantastic idea. I tended to do this when I kept a journal and since I started a blog, haven't done that. It is always fun to look back and see how much more or less full your days have gotten.
It's also fun to get a peek into your typical day. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear what you will be doing Wed! My imagination is going wild! xo
hystyper

Jessica said...

My day would be a lot of nothingness. You at least make errands sound like something.

I need to have a part of my day where it says, call and talk to Brooke. I will be doing this!

Erika said...

Okay, thanks for making me feel like the twins might be a blessing and I might have less running around to do. I Don't know how you do it!

Unknown said...

I kept waiting to hear why the cop had her gun drawn! Quick, go to the paper, find the police blotter, and solve the mystery!!

Jenny said...

I'm afraid to do this...first of all, I'd bore everyone to death and secondly, I would reveal how much time I waste everyday!

I want to know what that cop was up to, also!

Do you really do your weekly shopping at Costco?