FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2010
12:00 a.m. – Sleep
1:00 a.m. – Sleep
2:00 a.m. – Wake up to find Adana staring at me. She is upset that her Baba (Daddy) didn’t come kiss her good-night. I take her to the bathroom, then tuck her back into bed.
3:00 a.m. – Sleep
4:00 a.m. – Sleep
5:00 a.m. – Sleep.
6:00 a.m. – Nathan up. He wakes up Emma. Jared up at 6:45 a.m. for his shower. That wakes me up too. Micah staggers downstairs at 6:59 a.m., as usual.
7:00 a.m. – Scripture and prayer. We discuss how awesome Mosiah 2 is. If you’ve never read the Book of Mormon, get one and read Mosiah chapter 2 (pg. 147). It’s an incredible sermon! Jared walks Emma to the bus. I get Adana some breakfast.
8:00 a.m. – Boys to school. Adana plays with toys. I work on my pile of homeschool corrections.
9:00 a.m. - Get Adana in the tub and I take a shower. Have a slight battle over washing her hair (she insists that since she didn't poop this morning, she didn't need her hair washed. ???) Another slight battle getting her dressed. She, of course, wants to wear either Emma's old witch costume (way too big for her) or a ratty old princess dress that is literally in shreds. We finally settle on an orange flowered sun dress, with no shoes.
10:00 a.m. – It’s amazing how things work out in life. All this week, I have been looking at this strange day on my calendar: Friday, February 05, 2010. It was strange because it was completely blank. Nothing scheduled. I have been wracking my brain, trying to figure out if I was forgetting something. A sport practice? A meeting? Errands I had to run?? I never have a totally blank day on my calendar. Never! Then, last night, my friend Erika called in a slight panic. She just found out that, due to that nasty storm on the east coast, the flight for her long-awaited Caribbean vacation was going to be leaving 10 hours earlier than she’d originally planned. Problem: she didn’t have anywhere for her twin 3-year old boys to go until her dad got home from work. Enter my completely free Friday. I was thrilled to be able to say, “I’m free! I’ll watch them!” That rarely happens for me with my over-scheduled life. We dropped Erika & her husband off at the ferry, then came back home. The twins, P & Q, ARE NOT happy about saying good-bye to mommy & daddy! I even try bribing them with Strawberry licorice, but they keep screaming. I hope my neighbors don't call to report me to CPS.
11:00 a.m. - Thank the Lord for Playhouse Disney!! I set them in front of the TV and they are calmed down within minutes. Soon they are laughing and chatting and asking where all our toys are. The TV is abandoned (it served its purpose) and off they race with Adana todestroy play in the playroom. :-) I start cleaning the house. Friday is our big cleaning day. The kids & I like to get it all done early so that we can play and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
12:00 p.m. - I interrupt the kids' game of climbing up on all of our furniture in order to escape the ravenous crocodiles which are apparently residing in our carpet. Feed them Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets for lunch. They scarf them down, then rush back to battle those vicious crocodiles.
1:00 p.m. – Micah home from school. He practices his piano. Q sits and quietly listens to him play. Very sweet. Micah enjoys having an audience. I drop some chopped broccoli off at the church for a funeral. Jared gets home from school. Adana starts getting really cranky. I decide to put her down for a nap. She thinks that's a horrible idea, and tells me so in no uncertain terms. She takes one anyways.
2:00 p.m. – The boys do their chores. My friend, Mariann, stops by for a quick visit. P & Q play outside while we chat. Emma gets home from school and starts on her chores. We come inside for a snack (popcorn). I pay bills and continue to try figuring out my stupid new Quicken program.
3:00 p.m. – The twins are starting to get bored with our toys inside, so we move out to the back yard. They love the playhouse and running around on the deck. Jared practices his violin, then Emma practices her piano. Adana must have been really tired, 'cuz she's sleeping through the whole thing.
4:00 p.m. - Jared & Micah have 2 friends come over to air soft. The twins start coming in every 2-3 minutes, asking if Bubba (Grandpa) is here yet to pick them up. Sorry guys. Not yet. They have been so good all day. It's really cute to see how well they play with each other. P comes inside once again. "Bubba's not here yet," I say. "I just have to poop," he says. Oh.
5:00 p.m. - Bubba picks up the twins. Adana wakes up from her nap. Jared, Micah & their friends wage war in our yard. Blech. I hate air soft.
6:00 p.m. - The boys come in hungry and scarf down some leftovers for dinner. Their friends' dad comes to pick them up to take them back to their house. Nathan comes home.
7:00 p.m. - I make peanut butter cookies (low sugar - it's an experiment). They turn out pretty good. The texture is a bit different, but the flavor isn't bad. Nathan & the girls watch a movie (The Dark Crystal).
8:00 p.m. - The girls decide that The Dark Crystal is way too scary, so they switch to Ant Bully. I endure it with them. Nathan crashes on the couch within the first 5 minutes. I don't know if he's ever made it through a Friday Movie Night with us.
9:00 p.m. - Get the girls to bed. Think longingly of my bed . . . but have to wait up until the boys are ready for a ride home. They finally call for a ride and I go pick them up.
10:00 p.m. - Ahhhh . . . bed. Sleep.
11:00 p.m. - Sleep
12:00 a.m. – Sleep
1:00 a.m. – Sleep
2:00 a.m. – Wake up to find Adana staring at me. She is upset that her Baba (Daddy) didn’t come kiss her good-night. I take her to the bathroom, then tuck her back into bed.
3:00 a.m. – Sleep
4:00 a.m. – Sleep
5:00 a.m. – Sleep.
6:00 a.m. – Nathan up. He wakes up Emma. Jared up at 6:45 a.m. for his shower. That wakes me up too. Micah staggers downstairs at 6:59 a.m., as usual.
7:00 a.m. – Scripture and prayer. We discuss how awesome Mosiah 2 is. If you’ve never read the Book of Mormon, get one and read Mosiah chapter 2 (pg. 147). It’s an incredible sermon! Jared walks Emma to the bus. I get Adana some breakfast.
8:00 a.m. – Boys to school. Adana plays with toys. I work on my pile of homeschool corrections.
9:00 a.m. - Get Adana in the tub and I take a shower. Have a slight battle over washing her hair (she insists that since she didn't poop this morning, she didn't need her hair washed. ???) Another slight battle getting her dressed. She, of course, wants to wear either Emma's old witch costume (way too big for her) or a ratty old princess dress that is literally in shreds. We finally settle on an orange flowered sun dress, with no shoes.
10:00 a.m. – It’s amazing how things work out in life. All this week, I have been looking at this strange day on my calendar: Friday, February 05, 2010. It was strange because it was completely blank. Nothing scheduled. I have been wracking my brain, trying to figure out if I was forgetting something. A sport practice? A meeting? Errands I had to run?? I never have a totally blank day on my calendar. Never! Then, last night, my friend Erika called in a slight panic. She just found out that, due to that nasty storm on the east coast, the flight for her long-awaited Caribbean vacation was going to be leaving 10 hours earlier than she’d originally planned. Problem: she didn’t have anywhere for her twin 3-year old boys to go until her dad got home from work. Enter my completely free Friday. I was thrilled to be able to say, “I’m free! I’ll watch them!” That rarely happens for me with my over-scheduled life. We dropped Erika & her husband off at the ferry, then came back home. The twins, P & Q, ARE NOT happy about saying good-bye to mommy & daddy! I even try bribing them with Strawberry licorice, but they keep screaming. I hope my neighbors don't call to report me to CPS.
11:00 a.m. - Thank the Lord for Playhouse Disney!! I set them in front of the TV and they are calmed down within minutes. Soon they are laughing and chatting and asking where all our toys are. The TV is abandoned (it served its purpose) and off they race with Adana to
12:00 p.m. - I interrupt the kids' game of climbing up on all of our furniture in order to escape the ravenous crocodiles which are apparently residing in our carpet. Feed them Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets for lunch. They scarf them down, then rush back to battle those vicious crocodiles.
1:00 p.m. – Micah home from school. He practices his piano. Q sits and quietly listens to him play. Very sweet. Micah enjoys having an audience. I drop some chopped broccoli off at the church for a funeral. Jared gets home from school. Adana starts getting really cranky. I decide to put her down for a nap. She thinks that's a horrible idea, and tells me so in no uncertain terms. She takes one anyways.
2:00 p.m. – The boys do their chores. My friend, Mariann, stops by for a quick visit. P & Q play outside while we chat. Emma gets home from school and starts on her chores. We come inside for a snack (popcorn). I pay bills and continue to try figuring out my stupid new Quicken program.
3:00 p.m. – The twins are starting to get bored with our toys inside, so we move out to the back yard. They love the playhouse and running around on the deck. Jared practices his violin, then Emma practices her piano. Adana must have been really tired, 'cuz she's sleeping through the whole thing.
4:00 p.m. - Jared & Micah have 2 friends come over to air soft. The twins start coming in every 2-3 minutes, asking if Bubba (Grandpa) is here yet to pick them up. Sorry guys. Not yet. They have been so good all day. It's really cute to see how well they play with each other. P comes inside once again. "Bubba's not here yet," I say. "I just have to poop," he says. Oh.
5:00 p.m. - Bubba picks up the twins. Adana wakes up from her nap. Jared, Micah & their friends wage war in our yard. Blech. I hate air soft.
6:00 p.m. - The boys come in hungry and scarf down some leftovers for dinner. Their friends' dad comes to pick them up to take them back to their house. Nathan comes home.
7:00 p.m. - I make peanut butter cookies (low sugar - it's an experiment). They turn out pretty good. The texture is a bit different, but the flavor isn't bad. Nathan & the girls watch a movie (The Dark Crystal).
8:00 p.m. - The girls decide that The Dark Crystal is way too scary, so they switch to Ant Bully. I endure it with them. Nathan crashes on the couch within the first 5 minutes. I don't know if he's ever made it through a Friday Movie Night with us.
9:00 p.m. - Get the girls to bed. Think longingly of my bed . . . but have to wait up until the boys are ready for a ride home. They finally call for a ride and I go pick them up.
10:00 p.m. - Ahhhh . . . bed. Sleep.
11:00 p.m. - Sleep
5 comments:
(Priddis) What is air soft?
That sounds like a wonderful day and pretty "normal"! Hope you get to sleep in a bit!
Yeah, wondering the same thing. What is air soft?
Your "nothing to do" day has ME exhausted!!!
So much to comment on....where do I start? The Dark Crystal? That movie is awesome but yeah...scary!
I share the feeling about air soft guns. The name is so misleading.
So glad that Erika had you to watch the kids so she could get away.
Missed you yesterday, but will hopefully wrangle you into helping me next week. xo
bouskinn
Isn't that the basic rule? No poop, no wash hair? Gosh, I don't even want to get into coordinating hair washing with bowel movements - can you imagine the wacky schedules for some people?
Post a Comment