Every year, I make my optimistic list of New Year Resolutions. Try as I may, I can't remember a single one which lasted longer than a week, maybe two. Surely, by MLK, Jr. Day, all resolutions are long forgotten and I am already formulating what I'm GOING to do NEXT year. For sure!
So, this year I'm making two drastic changes to my goal-making ritual.
#1 - I'm going to make "New Month" resolutions. This way, if I hate it, then I can change my resoultions the following month.
#2 - I'm going public. This is VERY out of character for me, so I'm not sure how it will work. I tend to be obsessively private. But this blogging thing is bringing me out of my closely-guarded shell a bit.
So, I've come up with 5 categories for my monthly resolutions - Physical, Mental, Social, Spiritual, and Just For Fun. I'll let you know how they go; feel free to offer support & encouragement. :-)
PHYSICAL
Spend at least 1/2 hour each day moving around outside. Playing with kids, going for a walk, etc. Rain or shine.
MENTAL
Explore poetry. Learn how to read it and enjoy it.
SOCIAL
Pick up litter at least once a week.
JUST FOR FUN
Play board games with my kids at least twice a week.
SPIRITUAL
This one is going to stay private. Hey, I still have my limits.
Wish me luck!
2 comments:
That sounds like a great way to do it. I am also hesitant to post my resolutions because then everyone will know how much self-help I need...but maybe that would help to motivate. I did have one last year, to make sure to floss every night, and I don't think I missed more than twice. I'm hoping I can be as diligent this year.
To tell the truth, I kind of figure that most people who read my blog will probably forget my resolutions by the time they click to their next link. I mean, if we can't even remember our own resolutions, how can we be expected to remember someone else's, right?
And, FYI, my hubby rarely flosses his teeth . . . and he's a dentist. So I'm very impressed with your diligence last year.
Post a Comment