
We've had some pretty hefty rain showers here the past couple days. Actually, it
snowed all day Saturday. Good, wet snow that formed the perfect snowball and stuck to the person that you hit like a big fried egg. By Sunday, it had become falling slush. It still looked like snow coming down, but was actually more the consistency of a Slurpee. Sunday night it had warmed up to the mid-40's and we had rain. No big deal. This is the Pacific Northwest. We do rain. It rained all night and all day today. In fact, we now have torrents rushing through the streets, the storm drains have become geysers, and any low-lying street has anywhere from 1-4 feet of standing water.
But still - this is Washington. We are used to this, right? I mean, it's not cold, so there is no risk of icy conditions. But I'm finding ourselves stranded at home all day because it's a "Rain Day." Emma's kindergarten was cancelled, as was Jared's violin practice and his orchestra practice this evening. For rain!
My response - I made an apple pie and we're having it for dinner. As long as everything else is out of whack, I may as well follow suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment